Chief Petty Officer Frank Rutland
Chief Engineer aboard the SCN Vendetta
- Age: 44
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 102.9 kg
- Hair: Blond/Greying
- Eyes: Grey
- Homeworld: Sirius Theta Prospector Colony, Sirius/Solomani Rim 1629
Early Background: Raised in the lawless Gamma quadrant of Sirius Theta. His family lived at the mercy of local crime barons.
Education/Training: Spent much of his youth working in junkyards and on board salvage vessels. Finally received formal training as an engineer after joining the local System Defence Corps.Career:
- Spent 6 years with Sirius SDC, and became chief engineer aboard the SDV Sledgehammer defence boat.
- Transferred to Confed Navy at the beginning of the Reclamation War (3530 SA).
- Spent several months as an Emergency Procedures instructor on Terra, before being removed for inappropriate conduct.
- Awarded the Terran Cross of Valor and several other distinctions for exceptional bravery, mostly during extreme damage-control incidents.
- Has been tried as a civilian criminal twice and court-martialed three times.
- During time in Sirius SDC, accused of arms trading to Terran rebels and trafficking military-grade plutonium.
- During Naval career, court-martialed twice for assaulting fellow navy personnel, and once for the murder of a suspected Imperial spy.
- Rutland’s volatile personalty seems to be tempered best when he has control over his environment. He does not function well under the command of anyone but the XO or Captain.