Lt Com Vincent Gelding
First Officer on board the SCN Vendetta
- Age: 40
- Height: 181 cm
- Weight: 81.1 kg
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Hazel
- Homeworld: Scaramouche/Solomani Rim 2509
Early Background: From a family of starship builders based out of Scaramouche up-port. Was encouraged to join the Navy by his father after Naasirka’s shipyards put the family out of business. It is believed that the Gelding family has ties to the Scaramouche rebellion leaders who overthrew pro-Imperial governor Barriston in 3529 SA.
Education/Training: Gelding attended the Naval Academy on Phireene directly after graduating school. A generous initial donation from his family ensured his position, but he went on to show great personal ability and initiative, graduating officer training with high honours.Career:
- Served 18 years in the Navy, earning many distinctions and medals.
- Proved his ability during the Suleiman campaign (3531-3534 SA) during which he acted as Operations officer on board the SCN Benedict, a recon vessel
- Survived a bridge decompression incident towards the end of the campaign, resulting in respiratory problems for which he underwent extensive treatment. He was awarded the purple heart.
- Passionate Confed supporter with Nationalist and Capitalist leanings
- Excellent knowledge of starship architecture and operations
- Is no stranger to guerrilla tactics, having been raised amongst scaramouche rebels
- Moderate in his hatred of the Imperium, with a view to a larger picture